First Category: Family!
The Big Picture: Act like an adult re. my parents. Be nice to my brother and cultivate that relationship. Help fairly around house and do not pick on Hazzard (which is what I think I am calling M. Beekeper 'round these parts) about work.
The Really Big Picture: Get things in shape to get a baby up in me within 7 years. Look into being more Jewisher than I am
Down in the Mud With the Peasants:
- Do not call/email about help on dumb things I can do myself (daily)
- Do not borrow money except for discreet, pre-identified expenses, eg, tooth fillings (daily, I guess. This isn't really a problem I have, more of a reminder. )
- Call das brutterstein once a week and stay on phone 15 min even if he is not saying anything which is likely. (1x/week - Fridays?)
- Do not bug H. about work stuff (daily)
- BUT have once weekly family meeting to allay my concerns (1x/week)
- Do dishes OR cook 5x/week (5x/week)
- Walk dog 5x/week (5x/week)
Second Category: Jobbsers!
The Big Picture: Actually put some effort into my pay-the bills job even though it is stupid crazy easy. Finish manuscript. Get to know folks at Professional School For Professionals. Be productive. Don't be unproductive.
The Really Big Picture: Be Nancy Pelosi.
The Wheel to Which I Am Putting My Shoulder:
- 90 minutes/day 5 days/week on my pay-the-bills job (my job is honestly so easy that this will be a stretch) (5x/week)
- Write 1000 words/day 5 days/week (5x/week)
- Plan next day's writing 5 days/week (5x/week)
- Don't be on internet for more than 1 hr/day (daily)
- Only watch pre-deteermined tv for a max of 2hrs/day (daily)
- Write 3 Prof. school emails/week
Third Category: Save The Whales!
The Big Picture: Live in a way that is increasingly consistent with my beliefs. Have some idea of how to articulate my beliefs, "I love Mexicans!" does not count.
The Super Big Picture: Total Transcendence.
The Protestant Work Ethic:
- Phase out incandescant light bulbs, 1/week (1x week. This is really hard for me. I am going to need to put yellow gels on all my energy-save lamps or something.)
- Don't drink milk out of carton (daily. This lets me buy the more expensive organic milk, since it does not disappear as fast.)
- Volunteer (schedule deferred until Thurs, when I have a meeting re. this.)
- Get Green Energy Info (deferred until I know whether I am moving or not)
- Write 1 letter to a publication 1x a week. (weekly. I am really really good at getting letters to the NY Times published, let's see if this carries over.)
- Read newspaper. (daily)
Fourth Category: Strong Teeth And Bones
The Pig Bicture: Control Athsma. Be Hottt.
The Really Pig Bicture: Be Really Hottt. Some day, far off, eat less cheese.
Hottt Was Not Built in a Day:
- Yoga class (3x/week)
- Practice at home 20 min a night (daily)
- Dessert only twice a week (I guess I will define that as no desert 5x/week)
- Meat only twice a week (ditto - 5x/week)
- No cigarettes EVER (daily)
- When drinking, 1 drink per 75 min, maximum 4. (daily, I guess? It's not really an issue daily. Also, I realize that may sound a bit stringent for a hip young person - or not? - but I am literally the pukiest drinker EVAH. So less = better).
- Find some cardio ish thing to do (deferred)
Fourth Category number 2: Monies
Blah Blah: Pay off Credit Cards. Save 10,000
Blah Blah Blah: Don't be poor.
How We Do:
- Save $75/week (weekly)
- Pay $75 to credit cards/week (weekly)
- Don't buy any clothes/shoes/makeup for one month (uh? check in weekly?)
- Only one iTunes album every 2 weeks. (bi-weekly or biweekly?)
Now, I figure if I am hitting at least 75% of each category and at least 85% overall at the end of a month, I can get a reward. But what? I was thinking I would go get a massage, but then that costs money and then, then I would be like, well, actually it would be bad to meet my goals because then it would cost me! So I should just go watch My Super Sweet 16! The perils of being a nutbar.